The Association of Oil Marketing Companies is an industry association and a private initiative by the oil marketing operators in Ghana. We are an advocacy institution established to help direct downstream policy, legislation and regulation and pursue research towards the development of the downstream sector.
The Association represents the collective interests of the companies involved in the oil marketing and petroleum products in Ghana, coordinating with the major Stakeholders in the Industry which include: Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning, Bank of Ghana, National Petroleum Authority (NPA), The Energy Commission, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), Revenue Agencies Governing Board (RAGB), Ghana Standard Board, Ghana Fire Service, Customs Exercise and Preventive Service (CEPS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Co. Ltd (BOST)
The OMCs operated as a loose organization for many years before the Association of Oil Marketing Companies (AOMCs) was registered with the adoption of a Constitution by all its Members in October 2003 . The Association is headed by a Chief Executive Officer referred to as the Industry Coordinator. It also has a Governing Board made up of representatives of both OMCs & LPGMCs.
The objective for which it was formed are:
1. To promote the image of its members and to further help periodically build the capacity of members in terms of protecting the lives of workers, ensuring safety, quality, security and also new and emerging fields within the industry.
2. To liaise with, cooperate and collaborate with government, ministries, departments and other stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the petroleum industry.
3. To promote the interests of its members within the petroleum industry and ancillary businesses within the Republic of Ghana.
4. To influence national policy-making and legislation to the extent that the same affect the petroleum industry, and more specifically to provide technical advice and input towards the government’s initiatives in the development of the sector.
5. To encourage and foster the development of a congenial environment for a healthy and lawful competition among members and other players in the petroleum industry.
AOMCs – Association of Oil Marketing Companies
Bungalow No.6, Prempeh II Street
GIMPA (Inside the campus)
+233 302 418 957
Was this article helpful?