eNaira is a Central bank digital currency issued and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria. How to Fund eNaira Wallet. Denominated in naira, the eNaira serves as both a medium of exchange and a store of value and claims to offer better payment prospects in retail transactions when compared to cash.
The eNaira was launched and activated on 25 October, 2021 by President Muhammad Buhari, under the slogan: “Same Naira, More Possibilities”.
The eNaira Speed Wallet application is available for download on Google Play Store and App store since October 28, 2021. New updates on the eNaira Speed wallet is now available.
A Couple of Things To Note
- Funding an E-Naira wallet can be done via a Bank App, via Peer to peer (From one E-Naira wallet to another), and via an agent at a registered bank.
- Not all banks apps had the E-Naira tab as at the time this article was written
- Your E-Naira account details are imperative
- Your E-Naira wallet name is your registered e-mail
- There are plans to create an avenue for enthusiasts to have E-Naira wallets without having Nigerian bank accounts, however, the system, wasn’t in place at the time this article was written.
How to Fund eNaira Wallet
Here are the procedures on how to fund your eNaira Speed Wallet from your bank;
- Log in to your Mobile Bank App or Online Banking Platform
- Locate and click on the eNaira quick button on your mobile app
- Select eNaira Account type (Individual or Merchant)
- Select Trrasfer type – Transfer to My eNaira or Withdram from my eNaira
- Enter your eNaira wallet username
- Enter your eNaira Wallet Password
- Add remarks then click continue where applicable
- Provide the correct authentication requirement such as transaction pin or token for your mobile/online banking.
- Your eNiara wallet is funded
Was this article helpful?