M-Pesa (M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money) is a mobile phone-based money transfer service, payments and micro-financing service, launched in 2007 by Vodafone and Safaricom, the largest mobile network operator in Kenya. It has since expanded to Tanzania, Mozambique, DRC, Lesotho, Ghana, Egypt, Afghanistan, and South Africa. Meanwhile, services in India, Romania, and Albania have been terminated amid low market uptake. M-Pesa allows users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money, pay for goods and services (Lipa na M-Pesa), access credit and savings, all with a mobile device. How to To request for an M-PESA reversal by Chatting with Zuri
The service allows users to deposit money into an account stored on their cell phones, to send balances using PIN-secured SMS text messages to other users, including sellers of goods and services, and to redeem deposits for regular money. Users are charged a small fee for sending and withdrawing money using the service. M-PESA reversal by Chatting with Zuri
M-Pesa is a branchless banking service; M-Pesa customers can deposit and withdraw money from a network of agents that includes airtime resellers and retail outlets acting as banking agents.
M-Pesa spread quickly, and by 2010 had become the most successful mobile-phone-based financial service in the developing world. By 2012, a stock of about 17 million M-Pesa accounts had been registered in Kenya. By June 2016, a total of 7 million M-Pesa accounts had been opened in Tanzania by Vodacom. The service has been lauded for giving millions of people access to the formal financial system and for reducing crime in otherwise largely cash-based societies.
Here is How To request for an M-PESA reversal by Chatting with Zuri:
To request for an M-PESA reversal from Zuri, Customers can save Zuri’s number – 0722000100
- Go to Whatsapp to initiate a conversation with Zuri – type “Hello”.
- Zuri will then respond with a number of options for customers to chose from e.g. Manage subscriptions, M-PESA Help and Reversal, Loans and savings, Tunukiwa etc
- Respond with option2 – M-PESA Help and Reversal.
- Respond with option 1 – Reverse.
- Customers will be asked to type the M-PESA transaction code or copy paste the entire message as the message.
- Confirm your phone number
- You will be asked to confirm your M-PESA details, by keying in your M-PESA PIN to authenticate that the number you are using is indeed yours.
- You will get a notification on Whatsapp, that the reversal request has been received and an update will be shared shortly.
- The recipient will be contacted for consent before the reversal is completed.
Was this article helpful?