This guide will walk you through setting up a mirror of what you see in an HTC Vive headset to a TV so that others can see it, too.
- Connect your gaming PC to your TV with an HDMI cable and start it up.
- Start up SteamVR and make sure your headset is plugged in and working correctly.
- In the SteamVR options menu, select DisplayVR View.
Can You Connect HTC Vive to TV?
- Connect your gaming PC to the TV you want to display the visuals on via HDMI cable.
Start up your PC and set up your HTC Vive headset.
If you’re moving your PC into a separate room for this, make sure to set up your HTC Vive Lighthouse trackers in the right places and perform Room Setup again to map out your new play space.
Start up Steam and SteamVR and confirm virtual reality is working correctly on the HTC Vive headset.
- On the SteamVR menu, select the three-line options menu and select Display VR View. It will open a small window on any connected displays (in this case, your TV), showing what you can see in the VR headset.
You can select the corner of the window and drag to make it bigger and any aspect ratio. Alternatively, select Full Screen to have it fill the TV’s screen.
The top-left Menu also has options for displaying both eyes or choosing one eye in particular—the default is Right.
- It’s also a good idea to mirror the audio so everyone can hear what’s happening. It may occur automatically, but if not, open the SteamVR settings menu and go to Audio to choose the mirror output device.
How to Mirror your HTC Vive Screen on your TV or Monitor
Everyone likes when they can mirror what they see on the HTC Vive screen on their TV monitor or PC. The excitement is much bigger and you can enjoy the VR experience with your friends. The process is very simple. It won’t take you a lot of time to complete it because it happens automatically on the HTC Vive. If you want to mirror your HTC Vive on the screen you choose then you will need to do the following:
- Make a right click on the headset icon and then select display mirror
- Anyhow in SteamVR you can change this settings, you can turn on or turn of the mirroring. Also if you want to display only one eye in the screen, you can choose that from SteamVR by selecting which eye to display.
- If you have problems with the mirror screen, try changing to another HDMI port.
Was this article helpful?