This is a Procedure on How to apply for NSSF Kenya statement. National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is a Kenyan government agency mandated with polling together member’s contributions and channelling the funds into investment ventures to generate returns for later distribution back to dependents as retirement benefits. The scheme accommodates members of both formal and informal sectors. To necessitate smooth operations, each NSSF member is obliged to ensure monthly contributions get submitted in time. Whether individual members or the employer files the deductions, tracking the funds is crucial. With an online system being put in place by NSSF, how do you check your NSSF Kenya statement online?
How do you register with NSSF?
To begin with, you need to register as a member to get an NSSF statement. So, you can register as an employee or a member of the informal sector. There are two ways of registering; going to the NSSF offices or registering online through the self-service registration portal.
To apply, you will need the following documents:
- National Identification card/Passport
- Birth certificate
- KRA pin
- Employer number
- Payroll number
There are no charges when applying for NSSF membership. But, as a member of the informal sector, you have to pay Ksh200 for the NSSF activation of your membership card.
Apply in person for NSSF Kenya statement
- Go to your nearest National Social Security Fund (NSSF) offices branch or Huduma center to make the application to obtain your NSSF contribution statement.
- If making your application from the Huduma center visit the NSSF desk to make the application.
- Present the your NSSF Membership card and National identity card to the NSSF officer for verification
- The NSSF officer will assess the information and generate your NSSF contribution statement. This application attracts no charge and you will be issued with your NSSF contribution statement immediately.
Apply Online for NSSF Kenya statement
- Visit NSSF Self Service portal so as to obtain your NSSF statement.
- Navigate to the Member Self Service links’’ and click on the NSSF Contributions Statement .
- You will be redirected to a login page whereby you will enter your NSSF username and password.
- After logging in, you will get a welcome message from NSSF Statement’s account service. Click on the link provided to view your account. .
- You will be redirected to the NSSF statement of account page where you are to choose and enter the period you want the statement from and then click Issue account.
- This will automatically generate your NSSF contribution statement and it will be displayed. You will also be able to download and print the NSSF contribution statement
Check from Mobile Phone
- Visit Google Play Store and install the NSSF App
- After installation, launch the NSSF App.
- You will be prompted to create an offline credential using a password and username. Save the personal details by selecting save offline login.
- A notification, ‘Login saved’ will appear signaling a successful creation of login data. Click ok.
- Proceed and use the verified offline login details to access the app features.
- After successful login, you will be prompted to select whether you are an employer or a member.
- Select the ‘members’ option.
- Tap on ‘Add new member’. To continue at this point, you must have registered on the NSSF e-service. If registered, continue and input your e-service username and password plus the NSSF member’s number.
- If not catalogued into the NSSF e-service, click the button, Not registered? Register. Include the details required, validate and save.
- A notification displayed as ‘member created’ confirms successful registration. Click OK option.
- You will be directed to a page where you will be prompted to select on the indicated identity credentials.
- You will redirect you to a new interphase displaying your account. Here you will be are provided with various options to select. In this case tap on ‘View statement.’
- Download the statement if prompted to do so and view from your device.
How to get NSSF statement on the self-service portal
This is another method you can use to get an NSSF statement online. However, you must first register within the online portal to take advantage of the web-based system. Below is the procedure:
- Launch the NSSF Self- Service Portal on your browser
- On the portal, click the “ Member self-service links” option
- Select the “NSSF contributions statement” tab
- A statement’s account login page displays. Use your username and password to log in. After that, login and enable account privileges.
- After logging in, expect a welcome remark. Click on the link provided on the page to continue.
- The page redirects you to your account. Therefore, scroll to select the statement period you wish to access. Click on “Issue account”
- As a result, your generated NSSF statement is ready for viewing.
- Identification documents e.g. Passport or National ID
- NSSF Card
Office Locations & Contacts
NSSF Self Service Portal : NSSF Self Service Portal
National Social Security Fund (HQ)
P.O. Box 30599 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Main Line: (020) 2729911, 2710552
Toll Free: 0800 2212744
Cell Phone: 0722-204192, 0734-333238.
Fax: (020) 2727882, 2722013, 2711615
Website: [www.nssf.or.ke/ NSSF]
NSSF Branch Network: NSSF Branch Network
- Registered members of the National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- The application is free of charge
- The document is valid for the period its requested for.
Documents to Use
- Application documents are provided by the NSSF officials at their offices.
- Other applications are done online.
- The processing time is one day
Instructions – NSSF Kenya statement
- For you to be able to view your statement online you need to be registered the NSSF Self service Portal
- Make sure you have copies of all the required documents before you start the process. Visit the any NSSF branch near you.
- Full names
- National identity card number
- NSSF number
Need for the Document
- The statement will help you know the total amount of your NSSF contribution.
Information which might help
- The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) was established in 1965 through an Act of Parliament Cap 258 of the Laws of Kenya. The Fund initially operated as a Department of the Ministry of Labour until 1987 when the NSSF Act was amended transforming the Fund into a State Corporation under the Management of a Board of Trustees
- National Security Social Fund is a contribution platform in which people over 18 years and who are either employed by their employers or self-employed can register and start to make savings every month from their salaries for their brighter future life after retirement.
- The Act was established as a mandatory national scheme whose main objective was to provide basic financial security benefits to Kenyan upon retirement. The Fund was set up as a Provident Fund providing benefits in the form of a lump sum.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To check if your employer sending your contributions on time
- The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) In Kenya is a national saving scheme initiated to provide social security services to employees in Kenya.
- The NSSF collects money on a monthly basis through employers in the formal and government sectors. This money is invested in portfolios like land, properties, treasury bills and equities where interest is generated and then paid out as a benefit.
Final Thoughts on NSSF statement
To sum up, with technological advances, you do not have to go to NSSF offices to access your NSSF statement. Also, NSSF is only able to make the NSSF online statement available to its active registered members. You ought to make your monthly contributions before the 15th of the ensuing month to avoid penalties.
Was this article helpful?