A PIN is a Personal Identification Number used while doing business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers. How to Check KRA Pin Using ID Number
Personal includes both individuals and artificial persons (i.e. company, club, Trust, etc.)
A sole proprietorship will use the proprietor?s individual PIN for all transactions.
Who should have a PIN?
You are required to have a PIN if you;
- Are employed
- Are in business
- Have rental income
- Wish to apply for a HELB Loan
- Want to perform any of the transactions listed below
When can I use the KRA PIN?
The most popular transactions that require PIN include:
- Registration of title, stamping of instruments by the Commissioner of Lands, and payment of Land Rent.
- Approval of plans, payment of water deposits, application for a business permit, payment of Land Rent by Local Authorities.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles, and licensing under the Traffic Act (Cap 403) by the Registrar of motor Vehicles.
- Registration of Business Names and Companies by the Registrars of Business names and companies.
- Trade licensing by the Ministry of Commerce.
- Application for Value Added Tax registration.
- Underwriting policies by Insurance Companies.
- To facilitate importation of goods, Customs clearing and forwarding at the offices of Commissioner of Customs and Excise.
- Payment of Deposits for power connections at Kenya Power and Lightning Co. Ltd.
- To facilitate all contracts for supply of goods and services to all Government Ministries and Public bodies.
Your KRA pin is important especially if you want to carry out certain transactions.
How to Check KRA Pin Using ID Number
It can be frustrating if you don’t know your Pin and need to complete a crucial transaction. Fortunately it is possible for you to retrieve your KRA pin number as long as you have your ID with you. This has made it easier for Kenyans all over the country.
There are different methods to get your PIN with an ID card only. Here are some of the best techniques that have helped Kenyans for so long. It is important to understand how to get KRA pin using id number.
KRA Itax pin checker
Every time you have to conduct a KRA pin search chances are that you are troubled. One of the most common search results is forgot my KRA password or KRA pin checker. There is always someone looking for a way to access their pin without having to go back to the house or office to retrieve the document. Some applications requiring the Pin could be time sensitive and as such may require you to speedily fill in the right forms.
How to check my KRA pin using ID number
Fortunately for people that need to access their Pins in such situations there is a quick solution to your dilemma. All you need is to have an ID with you. First you take advantage of social media pages. Scan your ID and post the scanned copy on KRA’S official page and request for your Pin number.
You need to inform them that you forgot your password and as such are unable to access it directly from their portal. Alternatively you can tweet the scanned KRA pin copy to their twitter handle. The KRA media team will reply to your posts in less than an hour’s time.
If social media is not your thing then consider sending the scanned ID copy to their official email address which is firstname.lastname@example.org. The last method would be visiting the KRA offices with your ID and request for assistance on the same.
However, experience has proven that the method of asking for assistance via social media sites is the most effective as late response is guaranteed. Email I the poorest as they almost always never reply to emails. If you have your login details then you can access your PIN on the portal directly.
Times Tower Building
Haile Selassie Avenue
P. O. Box 48240 – 00100
Tel +254 20 281 0000
Source: TUKO news
Was this article helpful?