Free Checking of CRB Status in Kenya, Get Clearance report Online. Enter your ID number as the account number. After paying the registration fees, now you’re allowed to check your CRB status. You can choose to dial *433# and enter the PIN and you’ll get your listing status through an SMS. You can choose to use the Metropol Crystobol app.Log in and view your CRB status. CRB
Below is a simple guide on how to check your CRB status online in Kenya. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) is known for blacklisting borrowers who have defaulted their loans.
Once you’ve been blacklisted by CRB, you cannot borrow from any lender, microfinance institutions, or banks. However, worry not because today, we are going to share with you a detailed procedure on how to check CRB status online in Kenya with accredited institutions like Creditinfo, Transunion, and Metropol.
Being listed as loan defaulter by CRB in Kenya
Whenever you borrow money from any financial institution or credit advancing facilities it is always advisable to ensure that you repay your loan on time no matter how small the amount. The Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) is a platform that enables employers and loan or credit providers to check your status payment status i.e. whether you are a defaulter of if you pay your dues. Failure to pay loans borrowed from lenders like M-Shwari may affect you in future since once you get blacklisted by the CRB, you will be barred from processing any bank loans in future unless you pay your loan.
1. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With Metropol
- On your cellphone dial *433#
- Metropol will send you a text advising you to pay Ksh. 100 so that they can be able to furnish you with your credit report every year.
- In order to pay the registration fee, go to your Mpesa menu and select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Choose Pay Bill and enter Metropol paybill number 220388 on the business number section.
- Enter your ID number on the account number section.
- Enter Ksh. 100 as the amount, followed by your Mpesa PIN number and click send.
- Metropol will send you a message that will have your login details.
Metropol contacts For inquiries or if you need any details to be clarified, contact Metropol CRB limited via the following: Physical location: Loita Street, Barclays Plaza, 9th Floor, Nairobi Phone number: +254709834000 Website: metropol.co.ke
2. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With Transunion
- On your mobile phone, go to compose message
- Enter your full names and send the short message to 21272
- Enter your national ID number
- Select CC which stands for Credit Status
- Your CRB status will be sent to you after a few minutes
TransUnion contacts In case you experience any technical difficulties during the procedure, reach out via the following details: Physical location: Prosperity House, Westlands Rd, Off Museum Hill in Westlands, Nairobi. Phone 1: +254 20 3751799 Phone 2: 0730651000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: transunionnipashe.co.ke
3. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With CreditInfo
CreditInfo avails credit report to anyone who wants to check their CRB status for free every year.
However, if you want to access the report before 12 months elapses, they will charge you a fee of Ksh. 350. This applies after you’ve accessed your first free CRB report.
CreditInfo contacts Reach out to this CRB company via the following to have your issues sorted: Physical location: Park Suites, Office 12, Second Floor, Parklands Road Postal address: PO Box 38941-00623 – Parklands, Nairobi. Phone number: +254 20 375 7272. Email: email@example.com. Website: creditinfo.co.ke
Was this article helpful?