To manage the types of TV shows and movies that people on your Netflix account can watch, you can create individual profiles with customized maturity ratings. Profiles can be added on devices made after 2013.
- Go to your Manage Profiles page.
- Select Add Profile.
- Name the profile. To use the Netflix Kids experience, select Kids.
- Kids profiles have a logo () on the profile icon so they are easy to identify.
- Select Continue. The new profile will show on the list of profiles on your account.
If you can’t create a profile from your device or when using a mobile browser, visit Netflix.com on a computer and follow the steps above.
The Netflix Kids experience
A Netflix Kids experience profile:
- Has a simplified look and feel.
- Removes direct access to account settings.
- Plays only TV shows and movies carefully selected for kids.
- Has a logo () on the profile icon so it is easy to identify.
To choose the Netflix Kids experience, select Kids when you create a profile. Or, go to a profile’s Viewing Restrictions and select Display the Netflix Kids experience with titles just for kids.
If you select a maturity rating that exceeds the level allowed for the Netflix Kids experience, then the Kids experience won’t be applied to that profile.
Your device may require a refresh to pick up the updated settings. To refresh:
– Switch to another profile, then switch back.
– Or, sign out of your device and sign back in.
Was this article helpful?