How to buy Airtel Kenya data bundles for another number. Airtel Kenya Ltd, a subsidiary of Airtel Africa (owned by Bharti Airtel), is the second largest telecommunications services provider in Kenya after Safaricom PLC. It has an estimated 16.2 million subscribers of the total 59.8 million subscribers in the Kenyan market equivalent to 27.2% market share. Airtel market share has been rising steadily over the last few years. Airtel Kenya previously operated as Kencell, Celtel, and Zain before rebranding to Airtel in November 2010.
In 2010, Bharti Airtel acquired Zain Africa’s business for $10.7 billion. The acquisition deal covered Zain operations in 15 countries including Kenya but excluding Sudan and Morocco. The deal increased Bharti Airtel’s overall customer base to 180 million subscribers, including the 131 million subscribers it had in India in April 2010. In the acquisition deal, Zain received $7.9 billion in cash, with Bharti Airtel assuming $1.7 billion of consolidated debt obligations. In 2018, it was announced that Airtel Kenya was considering a merger with Telkom Kenya. Airtel Kenya backed out of the talks in June 2018.
How to buy Airtel Kenya data bundles for another number
Its current CEO is Prashanta Das Sharma
Purchasing data for another line on the same Airtel network should be accessible. You only need to follow a few steps;
- Ensure you have sufficient airtime before proceeding.
- On your phone, dial *544#
- Then select “Gift a bundle.“
- Choose the data offer you want to buy from the available options, i.e., Amazing or UnlimiNET.
- Enter the phone number of the recipient/beneficiary.
- Choose your preferred data package such as Ksh. 10 for 100MB (50 + 50-night data) on Amazing packages.
- Confirm if it’s a recurring purchase or buys once
- You’ll receive a text message confirming the transaction and on the benefiting Airtel number.
Was this article helpful?