Procedure on Teachers Duplicate Certificate of Registration in Kenya To apply for a duplicate certificate of registration, visit the TSC Website and select option “Teachers online services” under menu “Online Services”. Here click on the option “Application for Duplicate Certificate Registration“, so as to register.
- Important Notes for Applicants (TSC Does Not Accept In person applications).
- Ensure you have Bank Deposit Slip before proceeding with the duplicate certificate application.
- TCS allows teaches who may lost or destroyed or wish to change their particulars in the certificate of registration, be able to do so through their online platform.
- For lost or/ destroyed certificates a police report is required to accompany the application.
- To apply for a duplicate certificate of registration, visit the TSC Website and select option “Teachers online services” under menu “Online Services”.
- This will direct you to the online registration platform
- Here click on the option “Application for Duplicate Certificate Registration”, so as to register.
- This will take you to the next screen where you have to provide your personal details. Which include your(i) Identity card number(ii) Surname.(iii) Phone number(iv) KRA PIN(v) Category (ECDE, Primary or Post –Primary)
- You are then to make declarations stating either if(i) The certificate issued to you in your name is lost/destroyed(ii) If you wish to change the particulars of your certificate
- Then click on next to move to the next screen.
- In the next window you are supposed to give your particulats, including the one’s you want changed. When you click “Add” on the right hand side, a screen would appear where you choose the scanned documents (Police abstract, Affidavit) and upload.
- Once you have uploaded all documents click “Next” to move to the next form.
- In the next page select the mode of payment you used to make the application, the pay in slip (Reference number) and the date you made the payment and click on save and finalize.
- You can later on check the status of your application by clicking on the following link registration status
- Copy of pervious certificate (if available)
- Police abstract
- Affidavit (if Applicable ,e.g in case of change in name)
- Payment of registration fee; Non-refundable fee of Kshs. 2055/-
Office Locations & Contacts
Teachers Servcice Commision
Head Office Contacts
Private Bag – Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 289 2000
Location: Head office contacts
Location: other regional offices
Online platform: TSC Online
- Holders of valid TCS Certificate whose certificate is either los/destroyed or they want to chane their particulars in their certificate.
- For Duplicate Certificate Application a non refundable fee of Kshs. 2055/- deposited to the TSC Registration Account
- National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001005707400.
- The registration certificate remains valid unless revoked by the commission.
- It takes a period of 30 days for the process to be completed.
- The Commission has provided an online platform for application and registration of teachers.
- Upon the receipt of the application, the Commission vets the documents and the applicant is given response / decision within 30 (thirty days).
- If the application is successful, the applicant is issued with a Registration Certificate which bears the Commission’s Chief Executive Officer’s signature.
- The Certificate is then immediately posted to the teacher through the postal address indicated in the application.
- Also applicants can access their registration status and/or TSC Number online on TSC website.
- Identification number or passport number
- Full names
- Educational and professional qualifications
- Details of registratsion.
Need for the Document
- In accordance with article 237 of the Constitution of Kenya, Section 23 of TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION ACT No. 20 of 2012, it is an offence for any person to engage in the teaching service unless such a person is registered as a teacher.
Information which might help
REVOCATION / RECALL OF CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- The Commission is mandated by the TSC Code of Regulations for Teachers (2015), regulation 30 to after a due process revoke and recall a Certificate of Registration that was obtained through;
- (i) fraud(ii) misrepresentation(iii) forgery(iv) a result of mistake or(v) other unlawful means
REFUSAL TO REGISTER
- Section 27 of TSC Act 2012 mandates the Commission not register a person as a teacher who;
- (i) does not possess the prescribed qualifications,(ii) is not of good moral character,(iii) has been convicted of a sexual offence or an offence committed against a learner,(iv) has been convicted of a criminal offence which in the opinion of the Commission, renders the person unfit to be teacher,(v) is engaged in any activities which in the opinion of the Commission, are prejudicial to peace, good order or good government in Kenya,(vi) Suffers from such physical or mental infirmity which in the opinion of a registered medical practitioner renders the person incapable of performing the duties of a teacher.
Was this article helpful?