Safaricom M-PESA 1 TAP is the faster way to pay with MPESA. Using a card, phone sticker or wristband device that is connected to your M-PESA account, you can easily and securely make Lipa Na M-PESA Buy Goods and Services payments. With M PESA 1 Tap, you simply tap, enter PIN to pay and go!
Safaricom M-PESA 1 TAP: Making payments and all you need to know about its use
The M-PESA 1 Tap feature is a revolutionary cashless payment method premiered by Safaricom a few months ago. According to Safaricom, this feature offers a faster and more secure way to pay for goods and services via Lipa Na M-PESA.
Making payments using M-PESA 1Tap
- The vendor will key in the amount to be paid onto the M-PESA 1Tap Point of Sale device
- Tap your M-PESA 1Tap tag onto the Point of Sale device
- You will then receive a pop up on your phone asking you to enter your M-PESA PIN for the transaction to be processed
To get the M-PESA 1Tap tag (card, wristband or sticker) visit any Safaricom Retail shop, M-PESA Agent or Safaricom authorized dealer where it will be connected to your M PESA account and activated for use.
Visit nearest Safaricom retail shop, M-PESA Agent or Safaricom authorized dealer to get your M PESA 1 Tap tag (card, wristband or sticker).
- Existing Lipa na M-PESA charges are applicable to M PESA 1 Tap.
- You will be required to have your phone when making payments with M PESA 1 Tap since transactions will only be complete after you enter your M PESA PIN.
- In case you lose your M PESA 1 Tap tag, block it by dialling *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Block.
- To unblock, dial *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Unblock.
- To replace a lost tag, you will have to visit the nearest Safaricom Shop.